I read ALL the FAQ about membership subscriptions

I get a really bad feeling (Obi): I think the new version will require periodic if not constant web reach back to mother ship. (read the FAQ "If I choose Monthly Membership payments, can I cancel before 12 Months?")

Yes, I can see CW's point: someone buys the monthly plan, they get the program, they install it, then they try to weasel out of finishing to pay - CW needs way to make program inop or recoup money. The say program will revert to Demo mode if not "paid up," but the implication is they will have frequent if not constant (or at least once every time you turn it on) web monitoring of the application by CW - That sent chills down my spine.

Notice their partners (XLN) ALREADY have a very similar mind set and set-up - updates and and installs require active web access but at least that's all (right now).

Even how the program can be rolled back implied need for web access to do that and then roll forward again

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20