Sounds like you took more time and thought on the playing..... it shows.

You have it headed in the right direction. There's still a few rough edges to iron out.

I would look at the progression. That is a particularly difficult progression to jam over. I, for one, have a time trying to hear the next chord coming and I consider myself as having a really good sense of where a musical piece is going. Take the time to edit the progression and make it a bit easier to follow and play along with. Granted, the Melodist will give you some cool things, and some things that are really difficult as well.... so a bit of editing in BB...change some chords and make it more melodic sounding and it will also be a bit easier to jam on.

I have a few jazz based jams on my 2nd page of my sound click site. All of them came from the Melodist in BB creating a song for me. However, I didn't settle for that. I then took the time to edit the pasts I did like and remove those that I didn't. The result can be heard in songs like Walking In Spring Time, A Memory of You, Get Happy, and Lonely Girl....among some others.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.