Matt I see you were also "randomly" selected grin

Well just a heads up for you SSD users - be prepared for more CW creep all over you hard drive and possible cleanup after install(s).

Remember I have my stuff installed to my D drive(all Cakewalk, all Cakewalk shares, etc.)

Even though the install recognized my Cakewalk shared directories, VSTplugins etc. are on my D drive it STILL wrote many GB's to my C drive (after everything is running correctly I'll begin my usual clean-up from the mess that CW leaves). There is MORE on my C drive under \cakewalk\Sonar Platinum folders then there is under the new \Cakewalk\Sonar Platinum folder on my D drive!

Cakewalk, while I do like it, is the absolute WORST offender at making multiple copies of the SAME thing in 2, 3, and 4 locations on the C drive (User, All users, Program Data, Studio Instruments, Dim Pro programs …) there is more of it on C then on D where it was told to install.

For the record, on this new version of product:

I downloaded everything (just like previous versions), and installed the old fashion way (running install .exe's) totally by-passing their new Command Center. However to get program out of DEMO I had to install and run the Command Center (turns out there is a way to "active offline" but didn't jump through the hoops to try it.

After that one time "activation" I can run Sonar sans network - no issues.

BTW I bought the one time pay version - again the AD 2 Producer pak costs more than the this Sonar upgrade so I get new Sonar AND AD2 3-pak cheaper then AD2 3-pak.

Truthfully I do have an issue, but it's not related to network connectivity or activation.

I can't get BOTH 32 and 64 bit versions to run. Only the last installed version (32 or 64) runs fine - but then the other one won't. Since I've never installed ANY of the previous Sonar 64 bit versions, only the 32 bit versions, I obviously haven't figured out the trick to do both, because it is suppose to be doable.

They are installed in different directories and I haven't started my usual hacking to clean up the mess that CW leaves - so it's not my mucking with it that's causing this.

It will be a while before I even use the new versions to see what new stuff is good (or bad) so you all are better off not waiting on a report from me go read user inputs over on the Cakewalk forum - or wait for MATT (let "Micky try it") to give a real review.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20