Originally Posted By: gruverider
I listened to the 13 min version. Super vibe going on! Definite Pink Floyd elements to my ear. I'm also a fan of the vocal you have affected; it works well with this song.

much enjoyed!

Many thanks gruverider, I guess I have been listening to Pink Floyd so much that their sound has influenced me somewhat.

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Receder,

We are very impressed by your first contribution!
It has some very strong resemblances with the early Pink Floyd (the verse vocal sounds like Richard Wright, the Chorus sounds like David Gilmour).
We listened to the 13 minute version (which is kind of long by the way :)) and we loved the total arrangement, including parts of Churchill's speech. This song definitely represents the feel and sound of the 70's/80's era.

And about using Chopin.... you can use any work of classical composers completely royalty free. We've done it a couple of times. Bare in mind the following:
In America the artist has to be expired at least a hundred years, in Europe seventy years. The same goes for painters etc. (should you ever want to use pictures of paintings in your video's)

Keep up the good work!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thank you very much for your kind words Rob and Anne-Marie. It's very encouraging when accomplished songwriters/musicians such as yourselves, gruverider and others give such positive feedback.

Thanks also for the clarification on the use of classical work and paintings.

I'm surprised when people can sit it out for the whole 13 minutes as the lyrics and song are really only going to be meaningful to my mum or close family, but thank you for persevering. I estimate that it will be around 18 minutes when finished.

Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.