Thanks for the compliments. As far as styles I pretty much created this one, auditioning individual real tracks and selecting them as the song started to take shape. The drum and bass tracks are just one of the hard rock styles, don't remember exactly without loading the base tracks and checking. The rhythm guitars I believe were from the LA Guitar real tracks. I did a lot of heavy editing with all the guitar tracks.

For the soloist I used the heavy metal and a couple of the praise styles. All of the styles that were available really. The only caveat is that they all had to have a DI version. I used 12 soloist tracks to create the solo. The heavy metal styles make up the bulk of the licks but I did draw from all the styles at some point. The whammy dive was in only one generation of real tracks at that specific point in the song. A good part of the solo was clipped to fit around the Whammy which was really awkward sounding at first. I used Amplitube to get the custom sound.

Work flow began in BIAB just to get the form. I then regenerated the DI version of the tracks multiple times and dragged them into Reaper as WAV files. All the cut work, mixing and guitar amps were done in the DAW. I don't know if other DAW's allow it, I'm sure they probably do but Reaper lets me collapse several tracks as one take to a single track. This allows me to cut and dice all the tracks at once and audition and select each piece. When I'm happy I render the track and mute the original. It makes the process a lot easier than trying edit 12 separate tracks.

The only thing I'm really disappointed in is the fact that the metal soloist tracks lack any really good endings. I spent hours working to get an acceptable ending and I couldn't which Is why their is a fade out at the end.