The question is not can BB do it... the real question is can YOU?

If you are asking can straight up BiaB create a radio ready R&B ballad.... the answer is "no". Not likely. Not in a believable way straight out of the box.

The possibility does exist however to create a R&B ballad song, using BB as one of the tools in the final project.... and to that I'd say a resounding "YES".

Kinda like carving a sculpture from a block of rock.... you have to be able, first, to see the finished project in the rock....or in this case, hear it in your head and then know how to use the tools to get that down on tracks and edited. Lots of things will affect the final version. Your editing skills, your ability to choose the right Bb/RB tracks, your ability to play or provide the tracks that BB/RB can not, and your production chops....

Probably not easy.... but do-able, just like using BB/RB to create any other radio ready genre song be it rock, jazz or country.

Listen to the songs some of the folks here produce.... Floyd, 90db Bob, R&AM, Tommyad, Greg, my music, and I know I'm missing a few others.... ... you will see the quality that you can achieve in a home studio using BB/RB as part of the tool kit available. I mix RB tracks with my live playing and then apply some other polishing to the projects.....

So yeah, it can be done....

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.