Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is a nice piece of work. Excellent vocals all around on this one.

I'm sorry I can't provide any musical influences I hear because I didn't follow this genre in the past. I've been introduced to so many different genres since joining the BB forum that I would have never stopped on a radio station back in the day.

I like your song and performance.

Thanks for posting.

Charlie

Thank you for stopping in for a listen.

Originally Posted By: FredM
Hello Lawrence,

What a musical work!!!

I heard it on souncloud this morning, and I couldn't get an understanding on the meters. 7/8 I had discovered, but maybe a 6/8 at times? and/or a 4/4?

I listened several times to see a bit trough the song. Despite it's complexity it doesn't feel unnatural or forced. It shows your great musical capabilities and background. The mix is exellent!

Mmusical influences... I would say Genesis certainly, curious to what others are gonna add...

I enjoyed it thouroughly!

Fred

Fred, It begins in 4/4 and the body is mostly 7/8 except for the "skipping" silent brakes most have 3 beats. Glad that you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Whoa!!! Tripping for sure. I couldn't get a handle on the time signature at first, then I fell in the gruve. The vocals, mix and arrangement are first class. Influences- no clue. I have never heard anything like this before but i surely am going back for another listen. This must have taken considerable time to get it to this level. Outstanding work!!! I am a huge fan. Tom

Thank you Tom. Glad that you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Brilliant music!! I love it. Great arrangement. Love the sweeping synth texture, and different time signature. If I would change anything, I'd make the vocal a little wetter (possibly a touch louder), and a rounder (and maybe wetter) snare sound. To me, I hear a YES influence. Very, very cool stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for taking a listen. I did listen to a whole lot of Yes! I will be revisiting it in time (as I learn more about mixing) but I'm ready to move on for now. : )

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Lawrence,

wow! What a groove. Really suits your nick.
Great lyrics and vocals.
I'm just listening a second time and it won't
be the last.

Guenter

It does fit my nick. Glad the you liked it.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Super cool, Lawrence.

Awesome production. (I did not like the snare roll that popped up a number of times - but that's a very little thing - loved everything else). Excellent write.

Very original. You could have toured with this group. Sort of YES meets ELO meets CSNY meets Sting and some early Genesis... all mixed up together to create something new...

floyd

Thanks for listening Floyd. Yes the snare roll was a bit of a trick to pull off. Multiple midi notes separated by milliseconds and adjusted velocities from low to high. I continue to search for odd meter drum loops I love writing in 7/8 and 5/4. That's one heck of a band there!