Originally Posted By: RichMac
I hear a lot of King Crimson. Maybe very early Pink Floyd.
Used to be my favorite night sailing music.
Maybe a touch of Rick Wakeman at the beginning.
The meters sound very comfortable.
Very well done nostalgic sound. Cheers.
I miss sailing! We use to sail lake Pontchartrain back in the early 2000's but Katrina took my buddies boat and then we both moved away. Thanks for listening.

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Lawrence.

I think this is brilliant!

I can see that it might have taken a bit of putting together and the mix must have been tricky, but the end product is first class.

Influences? Well, certainly the 80s and really you could just pick any of the New Romantics from that era. Loved every minute and it transported me back in time for a few minutes.

ROG.
Thanks Rog. It is a journey into the past.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Lawrence,

Excellent! I love hearing what you come up with next - great all around.

Bob
Thank you Bob. I do like to try different genres.

Originally Posted By: JosieC
My goodness Lawrence, when this first started I had to check back to SC that I was listening to one of your songs. So very different. That swirling synth thingy is something else. I agree a touch of Moody Blues here. Great production.
Thank you. I was heavy into that prog rock for a long time.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Even before I read Josie's spot on comment I heard Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull).
I've listened to similar genres over the years but I'm way too much of a musical rube to make intelligent comments on the rhythmic structures and signatures. I will say that we both found it fascinating and, wow, what a departure from your
Americana signature that we have become so used to.

Awesome.

J&B
Thanks for listening. When I first moved to Texas in '06 I didn't know anything about Americana and it took me some time to "get it". I didn't like it at first and then I heard Townes. I was hooked.