Ok, many things to cover...

First the real tracks I'm using (now I know to do that!)

Style is _SL16PNO.STY (16th PopBallad with Piano [65RS])

RealTracks in style: 1592:Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 1602:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 1596:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 1601:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop16Melodic Ev 065
RealTracks in song: ~369:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Next, and a BIG thing to cover, the vocal...that's not me! That is a singer I have available from work. I work with a lot of musicians and vocalists. I always try to use talent better than myself whenever possible. So, that's not hard to do. lol!

As far as the use of the word "awesome", I'm with you! smile The reason that was used is, my parents often use the phrase "such an awesome life." So it plays specifically to them. Thanks for the honesty though!

I was REALLY please to hear the Eagles sound was being heard. They like the harmonies of the Eagles and they also like Kenny Rogers ballads. I was trying to go somewhere in between.

I am exited to mix it as best as I can. I'm not playing down where I am with my love of song writing. I have studied it and it's a passion for me.

The technical side of production is where I am truly lacking. That is why I I state things as I do. It will be a HUGE learning experience for me. It is going to take time. I am looking forward to learning from all of you! That is why I picked the name "Hear to learn"...it's actually to remind myself to working on the "hearing"/technical part.

Again, thank you for all for all of the input. It means a lot to me that people take the time to comment. That's not lost on me, with how busy people are.

And lastly, it feels REALLY good to actually get this first pseudo post out of the way! I'm here for the long haul! Thanks for all of the inspiration I see in the forums! smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.