Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
The mix is nice. I think the drums are a tad soft (meaning too low) - everything else is right where it needs to be.

floyd

Hi floyd! Thanks for the input all the way around! You may laugh when I say this, but I'm always paranoid of the drums being too loud. I'm a drummer and always hear all the jokes about the drummer (or lead guitarist, or lead singer) wanting to be louder in the mix. So this is a great thing to have you say!

....A quick example...I feel, in the second chorus, the snare is much to low in the mix and/or just not beefy enough. From what I'm guessing, there isn't much I can do about it, because it's part of the track. I did consider laying some additional samples, but am also thinking I may just do my own drums at that point...but then that leads in to all of the things I don't know yet...eq, effects, etc...

I got a chuckle out of that... It's usually guitar players who mix drums too low... A drummer who mixes drums too low... HA! that's a new one on me... (still chuckling)

You can process the BIAB drum tracks to bring out different aspects. With the right EQ and compression, you can make that snare POP!... or if you are willing to spend the time, adding a snare sample on top of each of the snare hits (I also do the kick sometimes) works wonders.

There was a good post in the tips and tricks section (posted by Mario) that is a great way to get some control of a combined drums track.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=273337&gonew=1#UNREAD

It would be great to hear someone adding their own, too!!!