I personally love all styles of music. Right now though, I am working at getting an industry processed type of sound. I am trying to focus on this and need help.

Here is an example of what I am reaching for...

Toms and Hihat

I like the fullness of the toms. I currently have slate drums to play with, and am curious what kinds of effects, eq, chain, (and rough settings), etc, do I need to be using to head in this direction?

Next would be the hi hat and ride. The hi hat has a nice slushy sound, not so mechanically tight sounding. Yet, it sits in the mix very nicely. The ride has a clear pretty sound to it (especially with the accents).

How? That is my question smile I really don't know where to start or what to change. If I put reverb on, I don't know what to roll off or enhance, as an example. I am at a total loss with all of this, but am excited to learn.

I would like to start by perfecting one type of sound that I can use. Then I can work from there.

I am really looking forward to the responses! I am also hoping to avoid the whole "I detest Luke Bryan / That's not country music" debate smile I'm just looking to try and better myself and my writing in a direction I would personally like to go.

Thanks! smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.