This new version with a live singer is very nice....much better than the vocaloids could ever do.

You mentioned that you'd like to have a more ethereal sound. This, I think could be accomplished from the mix you have.

To me the instruments were very dominate and the bass especially seemed to be heavy. Lighten it up. Use a bit of a low cut or high passing of the entire mix to lighten it up all around. Back the level down a bit too. There's a lot of mids and low mids to low frequency musical energy that can be reduced a few dbs to make this more airy and ethereal sounding.

Place a low level dark plate reverb on the overall mix. You don't want it up too much, just enough to blend things a bit better.... And place a bright plate reverb on the vocalist. You just want enough reverb to add a sense of greater space to the mix and ESPECIALLY to the vocals. Panning a bit further from center on the backing rhythm instruments will also impart a sense of width and space.

Depending on the sound you are going for with the doubled vocals... it sounds to me like cloned tracks and not true doubling.... they're "too prefect" to be separate takes. You can play with reverbs and panning as well as delays on the doubled tracks....just use a nice bright plate on the lead and center it up.... then, experiment with levels, panning, reverbs on the the doubled tracks.

Don't go crazy on the reverbs to the point where it's obnoxiously reverbed. And remember, reverbs in series add.

I listened on 2 systems to confirm my opinions on this.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.