A video link from another posting had an interesting idea that I've played with and like.

Start with a two channel (stereo) drum track such as a RealDrums track.

Duplicate the drum track three times. Each of the three tracks will emphasise one drum instrument such as kick, snare, high-hat or cymbal by concentrating on the sound of that one instrument. Then the original track and the three emphasised tracks can be mixed together to create the sound you want. You can also add an effect like reverb or delay to change the sound of one drum instrument if desired.

Mute all tracks but one. Play the unmuted track through a parametric equaliser. Set the parametric equaliser for high q (very narrow bandwidth) then raise the gain. Change the frequency around until you find the center frequency of one instrument such as the kick drum. Use high and low cut filters to get rid of the frequencies outside the range of the instrument. Add gain and effect to get that instrument (kick drum in my description) to sound like you want it.

Repeat with tracks two (snare perhaps) and three (cymbals maybe).

If the original drum track has more instruments like conga, toms or cowbell (gotta' have that cowbell) then you can add more duplicate tracks to concentrate on each instrument as desired.

You need to make sure unwanted frequencies are minimzed in each duplicate track or the sound quickly turns muddy or indistinct.

Duplicate tracks opens up a lot of mixing options. You can change the emphasis each verse by altering the sub mix. You can apply effects to one instument.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home