Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Floyd Hi Janice. Fabulous vocals on here. Greatly enjoyed the melody also.
Tasteful guitar work. Backing nicely restrained. Like it. Cheers.

Thanks Richard... you hit the high points there...

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Very interesting concept for a country song! Sort of an odd couple song. Might be a new trend, I've heard several country songs in the past year with similar themes, but usually zeroing in on the girl being comfortable in two worlds... ("Looks like California, Feels like Carolina")

But this study in contrast between the members of a couple really opens up some interesting possibilities, and I found myself wishing the song were longer so you could keep exploring them.

I liked this line the best:
Quote:
I've got shoes for every occasion
he's of the one-pair-of-boots persuasion

I also like this line:
Quote:
we might not always see eye-to-eye
but we're heart-to-heart 'til the day we die

Greg mentioned that the vocals sounded hot to him. I'm not sure I'd describe what I heard quite that way, but there was a stark clarity to them on this end. They definitely aren't obscured by the mix.

You both sing so well individually, and together you really shine. The obvious pop-culture parallel that comes to mind is Green Acres, and when Janice sang
Quote:
he calls me a "society girl"
I like living in my champagne world
her Georgia accent didn't conjure up an Eva Gabor image. wink ... so I had to ditch that comparison and let the song be itself.

I like the song that it is, and all that you both put into it.

Pat - appreciate all that... This is actually a very common theme in Country Duets (as Charlie alludes to further down)...
For instance, here is one of the classic ones - You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWVdKv4-CEg
or how about Donnie and Marie (this was a VERY bad era for Country)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMZCWGyk388
(skip to 2:00)
Janice and I are working on the Arm Swing...

That boots line is my favorite, too...