" Folks refer to your songs as "well crafted"? But, I don't know exactly what that means. Perhaps some day you can educate us on your secret."

"well crafted" is a term I use. If fact, it was included in my comment on this thread.

My explanation to 'well-crafted' is akin to 'mastery'. Any trade or skill is composed of different elements. Well-crafted means the tradesman has the skill, experience and knowledge to expertly control all of the elements of the trade to consistently mold and craft a product to such a degree it is of the highest quality obtainable. Elements of mastery are not just lyrics and rhyme, but song structure, selection of instruments, mix, levels, effects, dynamics, vocalists, backgrounds, adherence to the structure of song genre, musical and vocal proficiency, originality and so much more.

In a word (albeit hyphenated), that is what I mean when I use 'well-crafted'.

Floyd's work consistently hits this mark and he therefore qualifies as a 'master'. That does not mean he should quit experimenting, learning or he has peaked. With what is out there today for home recording artist's, he simply performs at the 'master' level.

An amateur such as myself can create a work that is 'well-crafted' but just can't repeat the process with reliable consistency as the likes of Floyd, Tom Adams, Sundance, JosieC, MarioD, rsdean, 90db, Sergio, R&AM, Janice and Bud, gibson, Rog, Alek Rand, guitarhacker, Joesarahh,gruverider or boehm and so many others. There are many others I could and should list, but my point is you see posts by certain names and regardless if you are a fan of their genre of music, you know the production of all the elements encompassing the creation and production of the song are of such quality as if done by a 'master' of their trade.

Last edited by c_fogle; 03/22/15 04:51 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.