Thank you all for the supportive comments, my wife has fought long and hard, its been a very humbling experience and has put into perspective whats important and whats not.

She is lucky if thats the right word to use as she is surrounded with love and people that love her, before my wife had her stroke we had separated and where living in two houses and looking after the children half a week each, we came back together as my wife couldn't live independently so i took on role as primary care Im glad to say it was the right decision we are now stronger than ever and we support each other through this and we now share a bond many couples will never get.

Musiclover: I wish you sister in-law a speedy recovery, I know first hand just what a roller coaster ride this is with one minuet things looking up another down, all peoples strokes effect them differently so there is not a one size fix but with hard work and love/support it is possible to not only be a survivior but a winner.

My wife was effectively a "head-in-a-bed" for the first few days, then she was moved to a rehabilitation ward where she was still bed bound for a further couple of weeks, then they transferred her some 100 miles away from home to a rehabilitation hospital which was hard as she was away from her friends and family and made for a very exhausting journey for the children each day to visit her. However I remember one day my wife phoning me to say she had just taken 10 steps this at the time seemed a life changing moment as it meant there was hope. She was then able to build on this.

You will find the roller coaster ride gets wild at times you will climb and climb overcoming one challenge only for it to open up 3 others. Stay strong and help her through this, if you ever want/need somebody to talk to about it etc please let me know.

For all who have asked about real tracks etc I will post a detailed outline I have the track was created shortly.

Thanks
Adrian