FJ, a big thank you for talking to time to articulate and share the secret to our sound. I have been thinking about it for the past couple days and thought I figured out the secret in the sauce. And now you have confirmed it even more clearly to me. Its the Melody in your songs that comes out in our vocals - your songs SING to me!

"...the things that you have noticed are another aspect... when you talk about the vocal phrasing and tempo and singing against the chord, you are delving into melody - and "how a song SINGS". A whole 'nother thing... and one that some writers never consider.

Your analogy to guitar players is spot on. I fret, toil and sweat to make my guitar SING. But forget me...

If this is not inspirational to your follow song writers then they should not call themselves song writers. I got nothing else I can add.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper