Pete,

Nice job of taking an old vocal and adapting it to RealTracks.
I like how you developed the "hot" theme as you went along and got "really hot" in the 3rd verse - that was clever...

I assume you have the vocal as a separate track on the original cassette tape? (and, therefore a separate track in a DAW?). If so, there are a couple of spots where you could line it up a little more...The 1st verse is pretty much in the pocket. The 2nd verse - especially the first half of it - is slightly ahead of the music - so it sounds like your singer is rushing (and I know it is VERY hard to get a vocal from another source lined up). It seems to get back on track about the last line of that verse. There are actually a few small incidental words you could cut to make sliding pieces around a bit easier - for example... the mailman line - you could cut the "he".. the phone ringing line the "I don't" could have the "I" cut...little bits like that... (again, I know it is tedious to cut and slide...)

Your drums sounds great. The opening guitar (and the other solos) are very nicely done! The piano is a bit busy to have it throughout the entire song (my opinion, of course). It is great for the song later on! In your first verse, I think it would work better to have the backing be a bit more subtle - to match your singer's tone - she starts out ""softer". Perhaps pull the piano out of the 1st verse and use another guitar in it's place - a muted sync electric works well for those kinds of builds... and then let the piano loose later as the song build (to a feverish pitch!) - and bring its volume up a bit to really stand as a "rock piano" - loud and proud...

All just suggestions. I think you have done a heck of a job reviving a cassette vocal - and demonstrated how BIAB can be used for doing that...

floyd