Thanks for the comments.

90db, my son in law who is a live sound engineer also commented on the massive power needed for the tour. Your link goes really well with the FOH video.

If you made it to near the end of the video, a 'learn more' caption popped up and redirected you to the Soundgrid website. There you learned the two extreme servers retail at $2490 each. $5k for server and redundancy. Like Herb said, I'd keep their vents clean!

Interestingly, when I first visited this site, it listed 4 models varying in price and features from $450 to the extreme at $2490. Today, the $450 model has been dropped from the lineup and only 3 models were listed, starting at $700.

The $450 could have actually worked quite well as a dedicated unit for a home studio running up to 34 effects simultaneously.

In the most technical sense, at a 'live' Jason Aldean concert, we never actually get to hear how Jason really sounds live, only the processed Jason.

Last edited by c_fogle; 03/26/15 08:28 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.