I'm going to reply to all the GREAT POSTS I have received on my song in this reply.

VIDEO TRACK - Lifting the vocals seems to be the consensus of opinions - and I know that more extensive mixing of the backing track levels will improve the song overall. That's on my to do list.

GIBSON - I'm glad you enjoyed the song despite some of the technical shortcomings. I'm basically a song writer and the whole point for me is to engage and entertain the listener, I had a lot of fun writing this.

Rob4580- Thanks for taking the time to listen and post. Without the response of people like you who just enjoy music what would be the point of all the technical work.

C fogel - Thanks for the detailed review. The original was recorded in the late 80's to early 90's on the lowest end Vestafire cassette recorder and a medium quality condenser mic. So yes whatever high end was there originally has been degraded over time. I recently bought a use Tascam mkII ministudio cassette deck to access these early recordings of my musical journey. The extensive use of effects was an effort to mitigate the high end loss. My goal was to- 1. Create the best representation of the song I could as a personal record and 2. Present a version of the song that might interest an artist to take it on from here.

Floyd jane - Thanks for letting me have the use of your acute ear on the musical detail. I haven't posted on the forum here in a while and as very impressed with the level of critiques I have received. We have great tools now to produce music, but unless you know what you are listening for, the results will disappoint. I did have the singer push the beat in the 2nd verse. It seemed to fit the singer's motivation to push her boyfriend for attention. I did however want the Johnny-on-the-spot line to be on the "spot". You're right it is difficult to align the tracks and I was using "beats" that DP found in the vocal track to align with the conductor track which was synced to the drum track.. It was a lot of "ear" work and at times "ear fatigue" sets in. Also trying to get the "IS HOT" to align with the cymbal crash. I can edit the vocal in the waveform editor of DP as you suggested - I had thought about it, but need to learn how to use this editor better. The whole project has taught me alot and I have better learned how to use the powerful tools I have at my fingertips. Not sure I want to bring another instrument into the mix but will consider and appreciate your notes on the piano track.

Boehm - great thanks for the listen and post! I can appreciate you got on the thread after the song had been extensively reviewed. I'm glad you didn't task me with more work to do! grin