Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, This one has more guitars than my local pawn shop.... Tom

Bwahahahaha....couldn't put that better.

Just when after 2+ years of listening to the many versions of the "floyd voice" you throw out one that is just enough different to wonder: Is it your delivery? The processing? The mix? Dunno, but it really works well with
this tune.

Engaging and clever lyric, melody the above mentioned vocal and a fine production, i.e., the old fj usual.

J&B

I seem to be getting a number of comments that my vocal "sounds different" in this... I'm not sure I hear it - but it certainly must be so... This was done before I moved to Studio One (where I have changed the way I process vocals) - this would be somewhat drier... but it also may be the "attitude" that this lyric evokes... so I guess you hit the nail - delivery, processing, mix. smile

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Fun song. Hi to Bill as well.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks, Bob... Bill seems to have gone into hibernation...

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd,

That was a terrific listen!!! Very catchy lyrics, very catchy melody and the rhythm had my feet dancing around under the computer chair.

The mix was crystal clear and the arrangement had a studio sound from start to end. There was nothing "BIAB" about this at all.

Kudos to you both on a spectacular song.

When I heard your vocals, it took me a bit by surprise. I don't know what you did but it wasn't the usual sound that I have grown accustomed to. Sounded fine though. I like it smile

Heading back to play it again ...

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Love the way you and Bill have worked this pun with the lyrics. It gives a whole new perspective on a very common phrase.

Thanks, Noel! The main pun was Bill's doing - and what drove the whole thing (obviously). Always good to hear that something "rises above" the BIAB "evidence". Interesting conundrum - we couldn't do this without BIAB - and we want everyone to know about it - but we still want to have a mix "get past" that... (see my comment to J&B about the vocal) - always glad to see you drop by! Where is the next Noel song???