Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Josie,

IMHO . . . The young lady is a musician, the cat operating the the switches is a sound man.

Later,

Ha Ha Danny. That is a good one...

Originally Posted By: Ryszard
Gentleman (and Josie): If you accept the output from these people's apparati as music, then they are by definition musicians. If you don't, there is no basis for further discussion.

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn

In my book, a musician is someone who makes music/a song.

I tend to agree Ryzard and HearToLearn

Originally Posted By: jford
Just because I like to sit back and eat popcorn. smile

Is your voice an instrument?

Interesting John. Especially now that you hear people are studying music at Berkley in "Voice".

Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
If any of us have any 'rights' to declare who is and who is not a real musician, it's only because our own identity feels threatened when someone we consider less skilled or qualified gets tagged with the same label we have built our identity upon and so feel devalued as a result.

Now, press repeat......

I think the snobbishness around who is and who is not a musician has put off (and put down) a lot of people. A couple of years ago I was too intimated to even walk into our local music shop. Even the other day I was in there looking for monitors and I was playing some of my BIAB music through their PA. The young guy who was helping me was very impressed and told me so a number of times. Then this older guy walks in and literally turns up his nose and walks out....Time to move on I think and change the way we think.

Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Related to the original post in this thread. I STRONGLY desire the Teenage Engineering OP-1 synth that this guy has in his kit - it's the white-ish Casio VL-Tone looking thing.

For you synthesizer geeks, go have a look at youtube videos of the OP-1. You're welcome.

Ha ha Scott. YES! But I also STRONGLY desire the time to get to know how to play it!

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
For me it's not what they used to move people, it's that they moved them!

Plus one!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/