Hi Rog!

I'll echo many of the comments that have been made already... especially the ones about the originality of the arrangement. Your songs (to my ear anyway) tend to be highly original, almost purposefully different from whatever cookie cutter style happens to be the moment's rage.

Loved the guitar solo in all it's glorious reverb! And especially given the originality of the arrangement, it made for a guitar solo that could never be cut and pasted onto another song , as is the case with so many generic solos. That solo was definitely composed for that song only!

The whole production struck me as being somewhat of an homage to your students, almost a graduation gift. Nice the way everybody had a spot that allows them to shine.

I identify with the lyrics, as I'm sure most people would. Who hasn't wanted what he/she can't have? Who hasn't settled for friendship when a more durable relationship was preferred? The ability to identify and develop universal themes is one of your strong points IMO.

I really liked the video... I thought it was very well done. Lots of subtle pro touches that wouldn't happen on an amateur's video. But In my opinion it doesn't storyboard well. A storyboard retells the tale in graphical scenes that represent the points being made in the story. If you removed the song from the video, there's no way in the world I would watch that video and come away with an interpretation anything like the song. But that's just my personal preference about the relationship between a song and its video. Viewed as its own work of art, without putting my own opinionated constraints on it, it is very beautiful and artfully rendered.

I always enjoy your songs Rog... I think you are one of the most creative song writers on the forum, and your ideas always pique my fascination... whether in terms of lyrics, arrangements, cartoon sax players, guitar solos.. it's all awesome when it comes from you! Thanks for adding your magic to the forum!