Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
If it's FJ, you know it is good!! This is a song that's been written in one form or another since the dawn of songwriting. Why? Because it's a universal feeling: "Sorry you got burned but please just give me a chance to show you something better". The Last Worthless Evening is a classic in this vein. This song delivers that universal feeling in a really fresh, clever (but not overly clever), heartfelt way. The song is sincere but not sappy, crafted but not formulaic, and expertly written and delivered. It occurred to me a long time ago that the intersection of two sets (commercially strong songs, and truly great songs) is a very small domain where few can thread the needle. Don Henley is one. FJ is another. I don't even bother commenting on the mix anymore unless I hear something that needs fixing, and with Floyd I never do! Another wonderful song Floyd!! Take care. Greg
I hate to just +1 this song, but I don't think I can say it any better than this. Greg nails the review! I also knew it would be good and am consistently surprised just how good your finished products are. I really liked the rhythm guitars. I am already anticipating the next one. You continue to set the standard with your quality and output. Just fantastic! Tom