This song is the first ever in which I wrote all the music in my head before I put pen to paper (except the bridge which was added later). It came to my in my car (one of my most inspired places for music for some reason-maybe because that's the only place I'm not surrounded by racket). I had the concept and the title for a while. When we were on Spring break in Lake Tahoe, we went to play in the snow. It was a warm Spring here so I just brought my Crocs and no shoes. Up at the higher altitude, it was chilly so I waited on the side of the road in the car while the family made a snowman and had a snowball fight. I pulled the list of activities for the week from the timeshare we were staying at out of my pocket, unfolded it, and proceeded to write these lyrics on the back (I'm frequently unprepared when I get a moment of peace). This is quite contemporary for me-sounds like the 80's or 90's versus 60's/70's. I sent Floyd Jane an MP3 and he helped me tremendously with the mix which was kind of a mess (THANKS FLOYD). Hope you enjoy. I'll post the RTs later. Comments encouraged!! Take care. Greg

CATCH ME (when I fall)

I don’t need someone to tell me I’m funny
To stroke my ego and laugh out loud
I’m no longer seeking the crowd’s approval
No, I’m way beyond that now

What I need now is a friend
A soul to share my beliefs and dreams with
A smile….that reflects the light that shines within
A love that’s warm when days are cold
A strong and steady hand to hold
When my back's against the wall
And to catch me when I fall

I’ve had my fill now of good time strangers
Who three years in, have no idea of who you are
I’m not a child, looking for amusement
But I’m still wishing on a star

I’m dying for some truth
I’m searching for a heart not tainted
Faith, that somehow has survived this world
Eyes that see beyond the skin
That truly see the man within
And find acceptance with it all
Someone to catch me when I fall

When I’m mired in hopelessness
When I’m feeling fragile and blind
I need to reach out
And never have doubt
About the love that I will find

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/catch-me

Last edited by Greg Johnson; 05/20/15 05:46 AM.