I use "Live Drums" exclusively in my MIDI styles and have done so ever since they were introduced.

Unlike the drum grid, they have a resolution of 120ppq and an entire General MIDI drum kit available.

The drum grid has 4ppq resolution and a very limited drum kit.

If you have a snare you want louder, you can manually up the volume of each one, but it's a time consuming process. Same for any other drum.

Save a copy of the style first in case you have a 'mouse click accident' so you can get back to where you were.

You could also record each pattern into a MIDI sequencer, modify and then re-import writing over the original pattern. Again, time consuming and make that safety copy first.

When I write styles I record my drum parts live into a sequencer using a drum controller and then import the snippets into BiaB as "Live Drums". I find this gives the style the proper groove or feel that you don't get with the drum grid. To my ears the drum grid sounds robotic and lifeless. But then, I played in bands with real drummers for decades.

I've got an early gig today, so I don't have time to experiment to come up with a better idea, but if the thread goes long enough I'll give it a shot.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks