Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi tommy. You consistently produce such high quality and this is no exception. I loved the harmonies on this one. The drums certainly do sound different to the normal real tracks but I am no expert on drums. Good job!
Thanks Josie, Yeah the drums are a bit different. Tom
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Spinning out can’t grab hold Everything that I was told is upside down these days

I can see how you react to my almost total lack of changing my well worn ways

Great writing!! This is just one example of some great lyric writing in this song. It is written in such a natural, comfortable narrative style, which ironically is very difficult to do. Love the way the guitar comes in at the chorus and energizes the song. Your vocals get better and better Tom. There's a John Hiatt feel to this vocal that I love. I did feel the chorus structure could have more impact if it ended with "Don't play me" and that were set up more with a melodic peak. The chorus lyrics are great but I don't feel it ends in a climax but more sort of lets go. Just a thought. Really love the song as a whole. You are doing some great stuff Tom. Another great song!! Take care. Greg
Thanks Greg. I appreciate all the nice things you say about my songs. I value your comments and am thankful for your ongoing support. Tom
Originally Posted By: Sundance
I like this song a lot Tommy. The melody is so pretty. Your vocals and harmony are really nice. And as someone who's been played, I can relate to the lyrics.

The guitar solos and Dr. F drums sound great as far as I can tell, I'm not in a good listening environment with lots of other noise going on this morning so I'll leave my two cents on the mix at that.
Josie, Glad you came by. I always look forward to what you have to say. Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 06/15/15 03:17 AM.