Hey Peeps,

I am going to post this to the production forum and showcase forum to test a hypothesis and do a reality check. I am a BIAB fan to the highest degree by the way.

I have been using Band in a Box with great results (love it) and think the alt-country and Pop Shining Praise and Worship styles will get you really close to a "radio sound" if you use the right EQ'ing, amp simulators and all and lay down some live tracks to keep it real. Listening to the Billboard 100 in all genres on a regular basis, I think you can get very close to what's on the radio in many genres, especially if you drop in some techno drums. I have however, had some feedback where some folks said these styles sound "dated" and "like the 80s" which I don't think is the case at all. I just think they have no idea what they are talking about and probably have not been in a recording studio since 1978. Either way, there are two specific questions I guess:

A. Is there a style(s) you know of that once doctored with live tracks can get you in the neighborhood of, say, a Zac Brown Band radio track?

B. Do you feel as I do that the BIAB alt-country and P&W tracks can you pretty darned close to a modern sound if you use the right effects in post production?

Thanks for any feedback!! Just trying to keep my head on straight.