Just to clarify, you do not have to download anything with keepvid beyond the file itself? I ask because obviously some of you have used it. If it was safe for you, chances are it would be safe for me as well smile

As far as adding "ss", that actually changes the website you are going to. As an example, if someone registered sspgmusic.com, you would not being going to pgmusic.com or anything associated with pgmusic.

The rest of the address in the adding "ss" would tell the site where on youtube you wanted to go. It may be ok, but just realize at any point and time, they could change that to something not so good. Just a heads up.

I ended up using real player. Thanks for the reminder on that! It worked great!

Now to answer all of this...

Quote:
Swiping videos from the internet is just a bad idea. Find a way that you can live without them for the week. Be creative.

Perhaps I am being creative and maybe my ideas aren't so bad. There are A LOT of assumptions being made here.

I was always taught to ask questions before giving your opinion.

Quote:
I realize you are borrowing while not having access to the internet. Do you really even need a computer when you aren't near internet access?

Very much so. I'm sure there are other ways, but to me, that would be complicating it for the sake of being creative. Not needed when there is a simple solution.

Quote:
A few years ago, I did ALOT of traveling for work. I wanted to record while on the road. I found that it was more of a hassle to try to take everything along with a PC. Even a uke and my USB mic which functioned as a headphone monitoring interface, just too much hassle.

I'm sure it would be.

Quote:
What off the grid activity requires you to have access to YouTube vids? Just curious.

I am have some relatives who aren't into computers for various reasons, and even if they were, don't have great internet service by them. Heck, even my phone, where it normally says "4g" or "2g", only says "g"...I've never seen that before. It's usually one of the first two or nothing at all.

Anyway, a relative serving overseas posts some short videos for the family (it's a big family) and they have heard about them, but haven't seen them. I was looking to download them, drive back to their house and let them see them since they asked "is there any way to see them?" They don't get around well, so I thought I would bring the videos to them.

Like I said starting the thread, not copy-written material or anything. The reason he posted to youtube is, it's easy for him, and he doesn't have a lot of time to be doing this in the first place.

It wasn't about the internet, technology or anything like that. It wasn't about distracting myself and missing out on what is around me or having a problem "unplugging." If that was the case you would have seen a lot more posts from me on here! I'm only responding now because I had to upload a video from them and wanted to say a quick "thank you" to the community for all of their help!

Overall, this was about connecting people...family! Sharing what was meant to be shared within a family. The technology actually became fairly transparent. I feel that's how it should have been too.

I think what I did was a great idea and creative enough. I saw their reactions...the looks on their faces where priceless. It was a shared moment, followed by a lot of great conversation. I'm glad I could do it!

Last edited by HearToLearn; 06/30/15 04:03 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.