Originally Posted By: Planobilly
I enjoyed this a lot. Thought it was a really good tune. I like Honky Tonk and Appalachian, so this is a good blend to my ears. I'll let the experts comment on mixing and such.

My buddy Lewis and I create what we call Nuclear Appalachian....lol...a mix of Appalachian and Jazz with whole tone scales and the like used. Strange stuff for sure...lol

When I listen to this it felt like I was listing to the radio station, which is to say, it is as good as most and is better than many songs I hear on the radio.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Billy
Thanks for the kind words Billy. Bud and Janice have a long history playing bluegrass and I played in a honky tonk band for many years so the blend of styles was a good fit for us. Tom
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Bud, Janice and Tommy. This is absolutely phenomenal! What a very sad sad story and one that so many people are living on a day to day basis. Beautiful. I read somewhere about songwriting is about telling a story without giving the house away and this is exactly what you have done here. Janice's vocal is beautiful.

+1.

Tommy, your PSG work is reminiscent of Jay McDonald who was Buck Owens' original PSG player in The Buckaroos back in the day. Tom Brumley replaced him and I haven't found anything on YT by Jay. Jay had a signature bar-rocking that you've definitely got working for you, especially in the intro.

Janice' beautiful vox knocked this out of the park!

Thanks for sharing.

Don, I am familiar with Jay McDonald and Brumley created one of the best steel solos ever with Together Again. Janice continues to astound us all with her vocal abilities. Thanks for coming by and commenting. We appreciate it. Tom