Originally Posted By: gibson
Janice, Tom and Bud,

THIS is country as it should be, you 3 should be STARS!
Everything about this is just perfect. Vocals, guitar EVERYTHING!

This was the 2nd loud song for my neighbours today and the little old dear, as mentioned in my response to Rob Thurlow, waved again! (I was hanging out the washing at 6.45am and she was doing the same and she waved when I played his song loud) I'll ask her later what she thought of both laugh

A very good way to start my day, thank you

Alyn

Well, we can only hope the little old dear wasn't disturbed by a song about domestic violence. smile

Glad you liked it!

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Been out and away for a time.... so getting back to listening to the tunes here.

Nice one. I love the lyrical craftsmanship on display here. Some really good lines and Floyd pointed out.

The only thing about the song that I didn't like was in the end she thought it could still work and was headed back to "daddy". I know it's a song, but my sister in law went through this and through this and through this and we were trying to help her the entire time..... she was hit, threatened with a knife and lighter fluid/bic lighter, and more.... she finally got out and has stayed out. She's now married and the slime ball is also married to someone else.

All that aside..... hey, a really nice tune.... loved the steel playing.... I would probably have shortened the solo up a bit and turned it back around into the chorus but hey.... it works, so let it roll on down the interstate.

Good job to all.

Thanks Herb. It is disturbing and that made it a bit hard for me to sing. But like Tom pointed out the song emphasizes how co-dependency often results in this ending.

Janice