I know that's what it says there, but it also states that "You can either use the USB cable OR MIDI cable to make a MIDI connection". I also have a friend (that hasn't answered an email in a few days) that says it works. Plus, after I loaded the XV-2020 drivers on my XP laptop, BIAB now sees and will allow you to select those drivers for both MIDI IN and OUT. Basically, it's supposed to behave like the UM1 or MIDISPORT external MIDI to USB adapter, but built in to the XV - providing another MIDI over USB interface between the PC and XV.

According to what I'm now reading, the XV has to be set to GM mode. I think that maybe part of my confusion was because I thought BIAB could input to the XV and the song playback would use my custom EWI PATCHES stored in the USER bank, and so would my EWI input performance - taking advantage of all of the breath controller data and optimizations. Now it looks more like I have to set the XV to GM mode, and what I play on the EWI is going to use a GM patch on the XV, and NOT have breath control enhancement. Oh well, to simply record MIDI into BIAB for notation purposes I guess the EWI performance monitor doesn't have to have the same voice, features, or quality that I would use for a live session.

So, I'll make those settings/changes, plug my headphone into the XV, start BIAB in record mode (w/MIDI IN & OUT set to the XV), verify that I hear BIAB playback, play something on my EWI and verify that I hear it too, and see if it records in BIAB.