Charlie,

That's excellent stuff!!! Really excellent. And very, very useful. Such a simple weaving of words yet it engages the brain and unlocks a kaleidoscope of possibilities. So perfect for lyric writing. In the above, you've created a quality chorus (that's how I hear it, at least).

I'll be adding this technique to my tool box!

Quote:
Here's my effort with some poetic licence...

A love affair to remember (subject)
Blazing hope and joy (two things it is)
With so many memories, it sails the years (three things it does)
And never fades, never runs away
It's sunshine on a rainy day (a desciption)
A love affair to remember (subject)

I've tried to use the "-ay" and "-un" sounds in addition to alliteration and consonance to provide sonic links so that end-of-line rhymes are not needed.

How you've described music is exactly how it works for me, too. It does something to the brain that's very valuable for happy living.

A recent personal example is 90dB's cover of my song "Brighter Than Any Star". Even though I wrote the music and lyrics, and sang it a hundred times (at least) during the creation process, when I heard Bob's version, images of my sons when they were children flooded my mind. Not once did that happen when I was creating the song. For me, it was a love song, nothing more. Bob's interpretation added a whole new dimension for me that was a unique blend of his performance and my experience. I was very grateful to him for bringing me those memories. So much so that I put the song on repeat and just let it play over and over so that I could relive the past a little bit.

There's a lot yet to be learnt about music and its effect on the psyche.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Thank you for getting out your Bic lighter and gently applying pressure to Bob smile

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024