I would like to offer another reason for moving to 64-bit: Windows 10.

In my experiments with 10 on a non-music machine, I've run into even more problems running some of my older hardware. It looks like I'm going to have to do some tweaking to coax my Roland Fantom XR to work in Windows 10.

The point is, hardware MIDI synths become unsupported at some point, and rather than pay for another piece of hardware, software synths are looking more and more attractive. To get great sounds from software, though, it would help greatly if BIAB could address more RAM.

EDIT: after hearing from a helpful poster here about another solution, I should point out that I had just solved the Fantom XR USB problem and have it working in Windows 10. My CD-RW / DVD ROM drive wasn't working either after the update to 10, and I fixed that. So, it's been a productive evening in Windows 10. For the times to come when I'm not so lucky, my original thought above still stands.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 08/25/15 05:53 PM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors