Originally Posted By: 90 dB
“You're going to use Biab to do Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody?”

Granted, while BIAB isn't the best tool for a song like “Rhapsody”, Pat has figured out a method of doing it in RB (which is very interesting). I'd like to try it, but it's probably above my pay grade. grin

for the sake of clarity, I never said I could duplicate extremely complex songs. Somebody else took a reasonable concept to an absurd degree in order to make their point.

Solo acts that use backing tracks can be credible if they do songs that a solo act without backing tracks might do. When they venture into the realm of music that centers around virtuoso performers, then it begins to look ridiculous (in my opinion)

But, given a context in which a solo performer is making tracks of reasonably simple songs that have the usual hooks and signature solos in all the usual places, I'm just saying there are ways to preserve any part of the original song that doesn't include vocals. In most of the songs I play, all the signature stuff happens when there's no singing.

Quote:

I do disagree that punters want to hear an exact replica of the original. They already have karaoke for that. BIAB is perfect for making your own arrangement of a song, while keeping very close to the original. If you've got the backbeat and can play the signatures live, people will recognize it.

I agree. Like Bob, I play all the signature stuff myself. The discussion is about whether or not it's POSSIBLE to snag it if you want it. (again, for clarity... I'm not talking about reproducing it in BIAB... I'm talking about using the tools in BIAB & RB to merge parts from the studio recording into your backing track.)

Quote:
We're doing a lot of Classic Country these days, and BIAB absolutely NAILS this stuff, from Bob Wills to Waylon to Merle.
In 40 years, we've never had a request for “Bohemian Rhapsody”. grin

Exactly my point!