Originally Posted By: boydbob
I didn't upgrade this year and future upgrades are uncertain.
I've pretty much given up on using VSTi's with BiaB/RB beyond the included "Coyote", or Sample Tank, because of consistent crashes and sluggish performance.
I can load 8-10 VSTi's in my 64-bit DAWs with no problem. BiaB can hardly handle 1.

My only use for BiaB at this point is to generate a midi file I can tweak in my 64-bit DAWs using High Quality VSTi's.
Real Tracks are occasionally useful, but the new generation of VSTi's sound better, IMHO.

I'm in the same boat. I agree with you on the BiaB/VSTi issue also.

I will add that with MIDI you have total control over your music. A lot of the things on the wishlist like individual RD hits, making RTs play the melody, better endings etc can be accomplished with MIDI but you need better sound sources (VSTis) than a 32 bit program can handle. I'll add that you also need a working knowledge of MIDI to get the most out of it.

I did upgrade this year but only the basic program and the new MIDI tracks. I will probably do the same next year if there are improvements to the program and more MIDI tracks. YMMV

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware