Floyd,

In my opinion, this is just great songwriting. I like formulas, as a rule. They help keep us on track, and help accomplish goals. But for me, music is a communication of relationships - love songs, breakup songs, worship songs, songs that reach out and touch you. As for me, when I listen to a song, I'm wanting it to touch me, whether it's to laugh, cry, rejoice, or whatever. If you can make all that work within a given formula, then that usually strengthens the song, and makes it more acceptable to a wider audience. Sometimes the song won't fit within a popular formula. It just stands on its own. In my opinion, this song stands on its own.

As to arrangements, I would do some things differently. But then you would do my songs differently. If we all did our arrangements the same, this would sure be a boring place! Bottom line: I really like this song. The vocals, arrangement, production is all very good, but I especially like the way you framed the lyrics.

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann