Janice & Bud - I'm glad you enjoyed it. You should give Chris Isaac a listen, I especially enjoyed and recommend his album Bayou Sessions. I appreciate your kind comments. It means a lot.

Rob and Anne-Marie - You guys are too kind. Made my head swell and heart soften. Melodic, must stem from my affinity for minor chords... Thanks so much for your kind words.

Greg - Thanks for stopping by for a listen. I've re-mixed the song taking into account some of the recommendations other forum members have presented. I have not re-posted the song with the updated changes. Part of the net effect of the changes includes dropping the drums down a db or 2, upping the bass a notch by eq adjustments and I brought the vocals up (especially the first two lines) so that the lyrics are heard clearly now. Hopefully, if you heard that version, the drums would not be quite as distracting.

I did change my vocal recording setup for this song and did not record straight into a DAW. I used a Nady Ribbon Mic into my Tascam DP-24 hard disk recorder. The vocal uses the Tascam compressor and studio Reverb effects that are printed with the vocal.

I imported this vocal into Studio One 2 for final eq and another compressor on the vocal track and increased the overall volume of the whole song with a limiter across the master buss to main output.

I appreciate you taking time to comment and share your thoughts and I'm glad for the most part, you enjoyed the song.

Last edited by c_fogle; 09/07/15 02:45 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.