The Contrafact - A "contrafact", by definition, is the act of using the chord progression of an existing song as it comes, and construct a new melody on top. It doesn't have to end there though, for quite often this (very legit!) method of music making will also include creating an entirely new instrumentation, a different rhythm & key, shift around or cut parts and whatnot. In my case here I have in fact done all of the above, except the key remains unchanged.
Now, this one is a bit of an oddity for me, I admit, was probably more of an experimentation at the time. The song (originally written in the 80's) is named thus for two reasons. One, I've recently learned that making a song in the way I have done here does in fact have a name, as explained above, and I just thought that word sounded fine as a name for the song since that's precisely what the song is. And the other reason, I simply couldn't remember its original name! grin
Right, as I don't expect any of you to correctly guess the song from where I 'lifted' the chords, I'll resist the "turn it into a game" temptation, for a change wink - It is from "The Model", by Kraftwerk (kudos if anyone here has even heard of them, they weren't exactly msainstream in Europe, let alone known overseas!).
And now for the 'Formalities':

Style is _BOGG70S.STY

UserTracks in song: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm FunkyTriplets Sw 120*
RealTracks in style: 2362:Bass, Electric, MotownFunkyTriplets Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 956:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieGrittyA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 2363:Piano, ElectricClav, Rhythm MotownFunkyTripletsJohn Sw 120
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: LaPopJazzLiteSw

*My own UT

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)