Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
You're on a roll Lawrence!! This is very cool. The changes and the way the horns work is killer. Very live, spontaneous feel! And, many have mentioned the Dan. There's no greater fan of the Dan than I, and you definitely have elements of them in this tune. It's excellent all the way around. The strange, cryptic lyrics make in all the more like the Dan. Really dig it!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg. The horns sound so cool they really lifted this song to a different place. Dig the Dan!

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

Ever since the first song you've posted here, I've held your song-writing ability in very high regard. You've got a bunch of undefinable things going that really work for you. GRUVERIDER is a good nick for you, because you do seem to be riding the crest of multiple grooves...

Even before I read your intro, it was obvious you've been listening to steely dan... you nailed it, too.

And I find it interesting that you zeroed in on what you call their "cryptic lyrics" because in my opinion, most of your lyrics leave me wondering where on earth you got the idea to use a certain phrase or collection of unrelated thoughts in a lyric. But wherever you get them, I must say you are really GOOD at it!

Thank you Pat for your time and comments. Your love of music shines through in all of the comments you leave and not just on my songs. I'm glad you liked this one. It was fun to put together.