Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Floyd and Janice. Wow. I hate it when my beer gets watered down.

Yes, you nailed it. Another Signature delivery. You certainly captured what you set out to do.

Always a pleasure to listen to your material. This one is no exception.

Trev

LOL - Trevor, thanks for stopping by for a listen (and for the chuckle)...

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

the Henley CD you posted will do a lot to keep it alive if not turn it around.

Floyd, I hope you enter that Chris Austin song contest. The judges are Nashville industry types. Previous winners have gone on to some measure of success. The time and energy you've devoted to understanding and developing this music would surely put you head and shoulders above 99% of the other contenders.

The fact that it is part of the Merlefest system of embracing the past alongside the present suggests that more traditional offerings might be considered in a different light than in a Nashville producers office.

I've listened to the Henley CD a few times now. I think it will be interesting to see how it is received. There will be a certain segment of his fan base that don't like it (too Country). There is nothing about it that "lights a new spark" to what is essentially a 90's Nashville sound. Which is a shame, because it did have the potential to get people to re-evaluate that... There are no real standout songs (IMO) like there typically are on a Henley record (although I really like "Words Can Break Your Heart").

It's cool that you are pushing the Merlefest thing here...