Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
that's one of the songs Rog covered isn't it?

One of Rog's students, Jessie, did a version of it that was more pop and she did a great job on it. I haven't seen Rog in a while. Like several months. Anybody know if he is okay?

I have several things from his students and they were a very talented bunch. Now they have aged and moved on to college and such and he has a new bunch, including a really good female guitar player, but I haven't seen as much from him. I know he was CRAZY busy creating his instructional video series, and there were whole lot of those videos. I watched most of them and they were very well done and a very good teaching tool because he taught scales and such rather than the simpler "play this line" kind of approach. Learning music instead of songs has been one of my causes for years.

I love it when he took my song "Good Things Come" and his guys turned it into a Beach Boy feeling thing. 2 male singers traded verse and chorus and then everybody sang on the breaks. Fun stuff. And then after that, they wrote a surf song "Do It Again" that was a lot of fun to sing on.

Last edited by eddie1261; 09/24/15 02:57 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.