Hi Everyone.

Pressure of work and a few weeks in France has kept me away from the forum for a while, but I'm back now though suffering from ferry-lag. (Like jet-lag but slower.)

This is a song by one of my more "mature" students Peter, who asked if I would post the link as he hates computers! It's unusual for the forum in that it's all recorded into Powertracks without using any form of click track or metronome. Peter came to us to see if he could sing, but he's also sharpening up his guitar work whilst he's here. This is his first song and he's playing the Dobro rhythm guitar and singing. After that, we played in kick drum and hi-hat samples live from the keyboard to match his timing fluctuations. Next, the bass was added by Jack, who at 11 is at the other end of our student age range. Not an easy task, matching the tempo without a full drum track. Finally, I added a bit of lead guitar. Because there was no click track, nothing could be copied-pasted and everything had to be played from start to finish, just like the old days.

So here it is - very few tracks used and very little in the way of effects. The whole project was completed from start to finish in Powertracks.

Optimistic Blues
Well I met a little lady, lordy lordy she's so fine
If it's the last thing that I do boys
I'm gonna make that lady mine

She's got starlight in her eyes, she's got sunshine in her smile
If she said - Boy come on over
You know I'd walk a million miles

She makes all the flowers bloom boys, she makes all the birdies sing
And if she put her hand in my hand
Don't you know I would be king

When I stand next to that lady, you know my heart beats like a train
And if she told me that she loved me
Why, I'd be dancing in the rain

Thanks in advance to anyone who has time to listen.

ROG.