I posted this a couple days ago in the BIAB for Windows forum, but the message never appeared so I must have done something wrong. I am re-posting and decided it put it here. If it shows up in the BIAB forum eventually, that is why there is a duplicate.

I am considering buying the Ketron SD2 because I want better GM sounds than I have now, especially pianos, drums, and guitars (I'm currently using an old Korg X5DR and some GM soft synths). I read some user reviews that said the SD2 is not completely GM compatible because Ketron decided to maintain backwards compatibility with its older units at the cost of some degree of GM compatibility. These reviewers said some patch numbers and drum mapping is not GM standard. Is this true? How much of a problem does it present with BIAB? Also with GM MIDI files downloaded from the internet that I play in Sonar (I have hundreds of these files, all set up for GM). Are there a lot of differences? Changing patch numbers for the instruments wouldn't be too bad to have to do, but I would not like to have to re-map all the individual key mappings for the drum kits.

Also, does the SD2 fully respond to patch changes and changes of effects parameters when sent from a DAW such as Sonar?

Thanks.