Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Noel. Great song. Really enjoyed the lift to the chorus and very much like seeing the chords.
Wish all songs were posted with chords. I think this song particularly suits your voice. Cheers.

Hi Richard,

Thanks once more for taking the time to visit one of my threads. When I finished writing this song, I was pleased with how it turned out. This is unusual because I usually don't have any feeling one way or another about my songs.

I've never written anything that starts in a minor key and then moves to the parallel major. I've been aware of this music technique for a long time (probably since hearing Al Martino singing Love Is Blue back in the early 70s) but just never thought about using it. If you listen to Al Martino, you can hear the song move into the parallel major when he sings "When we met, how the bright sun shone...". It's a great lift that comes with this change.

Perhaps one of the most famous and most covered songs that uses this minor-major composition strategy is You're My World (this is one of my favourite performances of this song). There's no mistaking the minor-to-major lift that comes along with the chorus in this song!

Feel free to use my chord progression if you want to experiment. It was a good idea of Charlie's to do the video. As I said to Charlie, I won't promise to always include one, but I'll keep it in mind and post one every now and then.

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024