Originally Posted By: Noel96
Tom,

I'm blown away.... stunning songwriting, stunning arranging, magnificent performance. I bet if you played this song out live, everyone would stop and listen. It's one of those songs that grabs hold and doesn't let go till the end. You'd hear a pin a drop when this was performed.

It reminded me of the song below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZkrU4KbPbY

... for me, when Sam Kelly sang this, time stopped (just like the audience). Your song did the same.

From a lyric point of view, I really, really like the rhetorical question "Is it better?" followed by the answer "I dunno". This is such a strong writing technique. I haven't been aware of hearing it before in a song and I haven't come across it in any books. I've been sitting here trying to recall lyrics that have used this approach and my mind is blank. Absolutely outstanding work.

All the best,
Noel
Noel, Thanks for the magnificent review. Now I'm the one who is blown away. I always look forward to what you have to say and I frequently learn something useful and new. I will listen to the Sam Kelly song later when I have time to absorb it as I am out the door to work now. Thanks again, as you have done many times before, you have made my day much better. Tom