Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! You guys are two of my favorite musicians (on or off the forum)! That said, when I saw there was a collab, I wasn't sure what to expect since you seem to come from different musical countries (maybe planets). BUT, you both made an amazing journey and the result is spectacular. I would have had a hell of a time writing to that music. I always love what Dean comes up with but he is much more musically sophisticated than I. But Tom nailed it with the melody and lyrics. I think the lyric matches the unconventional and complex music incredibly well. AND both of you played, as always, with an amazing authority and emotion. GREAT STUFF!!! Take care. Greg
Hey Greg, Thanks for giving it a spin. It actually turned out much easier than I originally thought after I realized that I could just treat it like a three chord minor blues. I let Dean take care of the complex stuff and just let that wash over me while I was thinking about a much simpler pattern. Thanks again, Tom
Originally Posted By: gibson
Quote:
He sent me the track and after listening I went and hid under the bed. After I convinced myself that the Martian Harmonic Police were not coming to confiscate my computer I settled into it.
Hahahahahaha!!

That is amazing, the combination of 2 minds starting at different points but combining so beautifully.

Good lyrics, excellent vocals and as usual impressive guitar work. And what a backing track cool
What a way to start my day!

Well done both

I enjoyed that a lot

Alyn
Alyn, I'm glad you got a laugh out that, but there was a lot of truth in that statement. Dean's concept of theory and chord substitutions is way up there. Thanks for the kind words. Tom