Originally Posted By: tommyad
Noel, If everyone had your attitude the world would be a much better place. I am beginning to think that you never get depressed. I like the unusual chord progression and the unusual rhyme scheme. (at least to me anyway) The dropping of the drums except the snare during the cello solo was inspired arranging. And what a big big overall sound! The choir sounded great-money well spent. You keep moving forward in your singing, writing, arranging and production. I can hardly wait to hear what comes next. Excellence lives here. Bravo! Tom

Hey Tom,

hmm.... I suspect that 'me' in real-life and 'me' in my songs might be two different people! ... LOL ... I'll keep that just between you and me, though. Thanks for passing through. I always look forward to reading how you hear my work and I appreciate the insight you give me.

In relation to the chord progression, I wanted to use the flat seven chord.... I, bVII, V7.... (in this song that's G F D7). It's a chord that I picked up from Jai Josef's book "Writing Music for Hit Songs". Once I became aware of it, I realised that I'd heard it a number of times over the years but never appreciated what it was.

I'm glad the choir worked for you because I was in two minds about using it! Onto the next song now.... (I've already got the loop happening!)

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024