Originally Posted By: gibson
Noel,
I can think of nothing much to add to the other comments except to say having watched the video a few times that the presence of Bar 13 initially threw me and I thought that as this song would fit as "the last dance" type of song this would not make dancing easy, but then I am no Astaire. The 2/4 bar seemed to work better before the chorus.

I also thought the song would sound great with just a solo acoustic guitar, no other instruments, in verses 1 and 2. Then a build up.

Up to your normal standards grin

Alyn

Hi Alyn,

Thanks for having a listen. I appreciate the thoughts. The solo guitar could certainly work well. It's not something that occurred to me.

The reason I experimented with 2/4 bars was because I wanted to throw things out of balance a little because of the topic material. The tug of war between balanced lyrics and music and not balanced lyrics and music is an effective way to enhance emotional intensity. That being said, though, it's also very easy to overdo it. I might have overdone it. The thing is that I'm so familiar with the song now that it sounds normal. When I revisit it in a couple of months, and it's no longer fresh in my memory, I'll listen with your thoughts in mind. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your suggestions.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024