Originally Posted By: SRP
Hi Tom,
I especially like your production on this song...the waltz, the pedal, the placement of the bass at the beginning (was the bass played by you or realtracks), all the other instruments, the chords on the chorus, the fullness of the sound, your vocals and the phrase "a bus back to Birmingham". You are a gifted song writer and I enjoyed the whole song.
A great song!
Sonny
Sonny, thanks for the wonderful comments. I don't take them lightly. The bass is a loop. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

What a marvelous opening! The initial drum hits - and then a fiddle part that sounds like it was done just for this song! And perfect steel!

"The roots of her raisin run real deep" - Perfect opening line. Nice alliteration!

"Softly she said she fell out of love
Her heart beating. hollow sounds"

Ditto!

"Maybe she can start over again Back on familiar ground"
Songwriting! What a great choice of phrase!

"She took a little piece of who i am
On a bus back to Birmingham
"
You said something to me about the lines that distinguish "real songwriters" (paraphrased)... This is one of those.

Top shelf writing. Top shelf production. Great mix
I'd love to hear more about those drums...????

Your vocals are becoming a signature.
That harmony could not be any tighter!

Stunning.

floyd

floyd, Just a super review. I couldn't have asked for anything more. The drums are 7 part multitrack. You can really do some sound shaping. In most cases Real Drums are fantastic. Most of the time you can EQ them enough to get there, but I realize there have been times where you have beefed up the snare and kick by adding samples. I find it hard to criticize anything about Biab, but these loops and multi tracks can be useful. Thanks again, Tom
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,

what a beautiful song. Great lyrics, melody, vocals, backing vocals, arrangement and mix. Everything
is to the point.
A very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

Guenter, Thanks for coming by for a listen. I appreciate it. Tom